Since it’s kind of fun and we’re not shy, let’s take the challenge, even if we really don’t focus on WCM! 😉
1. Our software comes with an installer program?
Yes. We have a native installer for Windows and a multi-platform installer for Linux and Mac.
2. Installing or uninstalling our software does not require a reboot of your machine.
3. You can choose your locale and language at install time, and never have to see English again after that.
You choose your language at login time, and your done. If your browser is properly configured, it’s automatically detected.
4. Eval versions of the latest edition(s) of our software are always available for download from the company website.
Full versions are always available from our website. Oh, and with the source code. And the development is open too! 😉
5. Our WCM software comes with a fully templated “sample web site” and sample workflows, which work out-of-the-box.
Yes to both (as of version 5.2). We have two technology options for sample websites (WebEngine and WebWorkspaces) and we supply two sample workflows for document management. The level that one would describe as “fully templated web site” is arguable but these samples are pretty basic. And you also get a fully ready system for collaboration & document management.
6. We ship a tutorial.
We have a user guide that walks you through the software using most of the features. We also have a book in progress – you can read and comment on the draft online- that teaches you how to develop for the platform. And a big “reference guide” for experimented developers.
7. You can raise a support issue via a button, link, or menu command in our administrative interface.
Yes, for supported customers. We also have an issue tracker available to anyone. You can raise issues on the forums or on email lists as well.
8. All help files and documentation for the product are laid down as part of the install.
No. They are available and downloadable via the web site. Does that work?
9. We run our entire company website using the latest version of our own WCM products.
It’s an older version for some parts of our website. We do use our software for our document management system and our content infrastructure.
But remember: we don’t do “corporate” WCM (yet, at least).
10. Our salespeople understand how our products work.
Yes. They work with the technical staff directly for training, pre-sales, and support. Plus, they install and demo the software by themselves! And they use it to manage their documents and proposals, so they're eating our dogfood too… 😉
11. Our software does what we say it does.
Yes, and you can verify it yourself anytime you want. It’s open.
12. We don’t charge extra for our SDK.
No. But you can mail us a thank-you note or buy us a beer.
13. Our licensing model is simple enough for a 5-year-old to understand.
Yes: Zero cost (LGPL). You pay for support and packaged services.
14. We have one price sheet for all customers.
Yes. And it’s easy to verify: http://www.nuxeo.com/en/services/support/operations/.
15. Our top executives are on Skype, Twitter, or some similar channel, and: Feel free to contact them directly at any time.
Plus, a lot of others, of course.
And we blog, too ! 😉
Final Score: 41/45.
Not too bad, and we’re not even focused on WCM. And I don’t tag, since I can’t find any serious player that hasn’t been tagged already…
Would be happy to play to a ECM, DM or collaboration meme, now… Someone interested?
meme ID: 9c56d0fcf93175d70e1c9b9d188167cf